Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Top Three Kitchen Tools.

I thought it might be nice to share with you some of my favorite tools. I use them almost every time I cook. Ive decided to wait until a later post to talk about knives as that could take up pages. So starting from the top.

1. Small spatula.
My grandmother gave me this spatula as a Christmas present one year and it has quickly become one of my favorite toys. It is made of a harder rubber that is heat resistant and I believe came from Orange Tree Imports. It is invaluable for bowl scraping and I even use it to scrape scrambled eggs off the sides of my non-stick pans. I like its small size as it can get very precise and is very easy to handle.

2. Tongs.
Tongs work really well to pick up stuff. What more can I say? I had a really terrible pair for a long time so have only begun to appreciate the amazing-ness of the tong! They are really helpful with precise pan work as well as tossing and serving.

3. Hard Spatula
I love, love, love this spatula. It is an odd hybrid of a traditional hard spatula and a spoon. Its made of a hard old school plastic called Melamine. It is perfect for folding things as well as stirring and scraping in my frying pans. Brilliant tool. However, Melamine can chip fairly easily.

So that's it for tonight. Long day of class today so I'm a little uninspired. Tomorrow a recipe!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment