Friday, February 19, 2010

Banana-nah-nah...

Many of you know that I am in the midst of rehearsals for a new musical on Broadway. It's called American Idiot and features the music of Green Day. Its freaking awesome and when you combine a lovely cast and over-ripe bananas, what else CAN you get but Banana Nut Muffins!? The recipe is my sisters and I have no idea where she got it. So apologies if someone is not getting their deserved credit! The recipe calls for Walnuts but as I had none and grocery stores aren't open at 2am, I used Almonds. For fun I also added a splash of Almond Extract and the smell was AMAZING!

Banana Nut Muffins
3 or 4 Very Ripe Bananas-Mashed
1/3 cup Butter-Melted
3/4 cup Sugar
1 Egg-Beaten
1 tsp Vanilla
1 TBS Espresso or strong brewed coffee
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 -1/2 cups Flour
1 cup Walnuts

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine Butter and Bananas. Mix well. Add Sugar, Egg, Vanilla, and Espresso. Mix.

2. Sprinkle in Baking Soda, Flour, and Nuts. Mix well.

3. Ladle into greased or papered muffin tins. Fill 2/3 of the way. Bake 25-30 minutes or until top is browned and firm.

Super easy. Super moist. Super tasty!
Enjoy
~K

No comments:

Post a Comment